Friday, February 3, 2017

What is cowgirl Inspired?

In a nutshell all things cowgirl.... Well really anything that might strike my fancy!


Just a little bit about Me and why Cowgirl Inspired.... 
but first check out my awesome Logo 👇

I will try to keep it short and sweet.  No promises.  I grew up a horse crazy girl and never left that phase. I have two horses that you will get to know well through out this blog. I'm all things horses because it's a lifestyle not a hobby and I sway more to the Western side verse English discipline even though I enjoy both.  Hence Cowgirl Inspired.   I enjoy remodeling with a farm house and country chic decor and modern twist.  Selling my home located in the city may not be easy if this trend goes out of style. I tend to dress with a cowgirl flare by adding feathers, arrows, lots of turquoise or etched silver or all things bling. Seriously, ALL THINGS BLING!  I even bling out horse tack on the side. My adventures mostly consist of trail riding with my very handsome and awesome boyfriend. These last few years  and have been such a blast that I must share.  I'm a total impulse shopper and do it yourself-er.  Three categories listed below explain the kind of posts I will likely post about but in no way limit me to stick within.  


  • Addicted to Pinterest! Are you like me with a bazillion boards on how to recreate or re-purpose? You know you may not use a fraction but heck, never know... I even have boards for cooking recipes... for those that know me well... Know, I don't cook but as said, maybe one day.  With so many of my own projects in the works I wanted a source to share the steps so others could find useful or to be inspired by.  Anyone ever have a #NailedIt / #Failed Pinterest? Those can be hilarious. 👇  Here is a pole bending base I created and pinned to Pinterest using a umbrella base.  This post has been a huge success.  Maybe a updated how to: is in my future considering I have it built to be broken down for easy storage 

  •  Beauty Techniques... as I get older my skincare has been a priority. Not only do I want my skin to look its best and be a great foundation for my makeup but honestly if I can't get away with looking young enough to be carded for a beer than I would like to be a forever 29. "29" is my magic number. Wow! I remember my mom saying that when I was a kid. Growing up sometimes sucks.  Anyhow, just 3 years ago my makeup game was basic, I had no idea what Highlight and Contouring were and I did not have Brows on Fleek!  However, as I have educated myself on skincare and tried new products and techniques I feel like a fine wine, just gets better with age. I love the skin I'm in and feeling more beautiful then ever.  

  • Horses... all things horses!!! I am that horse crazy kid from grade school that never grew out of it when the rest of my friends discovered boys...  Oh the wonderful life lessons that have been taught by horses. Having 2 of my own and working on the Police Mounted Unit I have many adventures and life lessons I want to share. The world is beautiful from the saddle. This drive to begin blogging began a few summers ago when my boyfriend and I were taking longer vacations with our horses to new locations and visiting the most beautiful places that can't be seen from the flat cornfields of central Indiana. Traveling out west to some beautiful mountains and joining the mounted unit I knew I couldn't put off sharing these adventures.

So, I hope while visiting and reading you will enjoy entertaining posts, useful ideas, or maybe even be inspired!!!!

Ride Pretty,
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment